About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Sunday 3 July 2016

#safetypin Campaign

After the historic or disastrous, depending upon your political stance, Brexit vote just over a week ago the #safetypin Twitter campaign  has become a way to speak out out against racism against immigrants which appeared to have have been legitimised by the leave campaign. 


Whilst wearing a safety pin may give immigrants or those being harassed some comfort and a feeling that you won't verbally or physically abuse them, unless you speak out and challenge these abhorrent views then wearing a safety pin may make you feel good about your self but will do little for those the campaign is meant to help. 

I shall be wearing my safety pin with pride.  It may not be flashy or sparkly, but sometimes small and understated  makes more impact and also speaking up against any racist incidents I see. 


No comments:

Post a Comment