About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Monday 7 November 2016

House of Harlow 1960 Rift Valley Drop Pendant: A Review

I purchased this item from ASOS in their recent sale for £10 (RRP is £28). House of Harlow 1960 is owned by Nicole Richie and the design aesthetic is premised upon stylish Bohemia and th 1970s flower power, hippy vibe. 
The necklace itself is made out of a base metal with a gold tone finish. It has a fine chain with an extender attached and fastens with a lobster clasp. There is a little House of Harlow insignia on the chain. The spike pendant is black and made of resin. It comes on a little swing tag and in an ASOS gift box. 
From the description I have just given the necklace should be a winner, but in the flesh it just looks cheap and generic. The sort of thing that can be found in New Look or Topshop and should cost a lot less than it did. It is very light weight and insubstantial. If I had paid full price for it I would be very unhappy with it. I could get a lot more unusual jewellery for that amount of money. I feel that I am just paying for the name and branding, hence my cats unimpressed little face as that is how I feel when I look at this pendant! 

I purchased this item myself. House of Harlow 1960 is stocked at ASOS.com.
Link:http://m.asos.com/house-of-harlow/house-of-harlow-rift-valley-drop-pendant-necklace/prd/6442401?iid=6442401

No comments:

Post a Comment