About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Friday 6 January 2017

January Birthstone: Garnet

January (my) birthstone is garnet. Garnet comes in a rainbow of colours, including orange (mandarin), green (tsavorite) and blue but the most well known is the deep red stone - pyrope garnet which represents friendship and trust. Garnet represents peace, prosperity, good health, happiness, good health and wealth.  Garnet is a great stone to start the year, representing prosperity, peace and good will.

Garnet is derived from 'gernet' which means deep red. Gernet was taken from the Latin 'granatum' which means seed as the red garnet resembles the deep red sees of a pomegranate. Garnets are mined in Greece, Russia, Sri Lanka, India, the Czech Republic, Wyoming, Madagascar and Tanzania. Garnet is a durable stone measuring 6.5 to 7.5 on the Mohs scale.



No comments:

Post a Comment