About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Wednesday 19 July 2017

Nicci French: Sunday Morning Coming Down



This is the seventh book in the Frieda Klein series and this time the evil is brought much closer!  The first decomposing body is found under Frieda's floorboards by Josef. The body is that of an ex=policeman she had   hired to protect her.  She eventually manages to persuade the Police that it is in fact Dean Reeves who is the killer (everyone the supposedly committed suicide 7 years ago), but this does not keep her friends and family safe... As her friends and colleagues become Reeve's victims, "FRIEDA KLEIN" can be found imprinted near the scene of the crime.  This creates a clear link between the crime, killer and Frieda.  He will not stop his killing spree until he his caught or she is killed.  After 6 months the Police investigations are wound down so Frieda starts her own investigation with the help of a private investigator and  DCI Karlsson (who she has worked with in the past).  Will they run out of time or catch the killer?


Frieda is a complex character, the characters are described in detail and seem real and the reader cannot help but get drawn into her and her family's lives as the story progresses.  


I received my copy from NetGalley and Penguin. Sent to me in return for a honest review.  This does not influence my opinions as all opinions are my own.

Available from:
Amazon UK

No comments:

Post a Comment