About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Wednesday 8 November 2017

Beak & Claws: TooFaced Melted Matte Gingerbread Man Liquified Matte Longwear Liquid Lipstick




This month's Beak & Claws series is going to focus on the Beak (lips) and review this Liquid Lipstick.  The Too Faced Holiday/Christmas 2017 collection includes a Gingerbread Man Melted Matte Liquified Matte Longwear Liquid Lipstick, limited edition, which is part of their Holiday Kiss Collection. I purchased mine from Sephora as it is currently out of stock on the Too Faced website and Debenhams. I paid $21 plus shipping but Amazon UK (if you really want it have if for £29.99 plus shipping from a reseller). I picked up this lipstick because I love anything that tastes, smells or looks like gingerbread. I have several ornaments, nail stickers (used in the photos) and fragrance

Gingerbread evokes a sense of cosyness, sweetness and snuggling in front of a fire on a cold winter's evening and the smell of this lipstick does not disappoint. It is a very strong gingerbready smell when first applied, but it soon dissipates. It is not an artificial fragrance but has a gourmondy smell and  so smells good enough to eat. The smell reminds me of walking through German Christmas Markets. 

Inspired by gingerbread, the colour is a vibrant deep red/orange opaque matte, perfect for Autumn and Winter, or Fall, and it is very pigmented. It is quite thick and one swipe covers half my lips with no patchiness. It is lightweight and long wearing - I wore mine all day and didn't feel my lips were heavy or drying out (a common problem with Matte Liquid lipsticks).  The lipstick didn't crack and flake off and I didn't need to reapply.  The lipstick is infused with Volulip which will create a no-stinging plumping and smithing effect and avocado oil, Vitamin E and hyaluronic filling spheres which will prevent the Liquid Lipstick drying out your lips, moisturize and plump them up. 

The tube itself is adorable and will look great on my make up display cabinet. There are little gingerbread men on the lid and you can see the colour of the lipstick through the case. I don't have a good grip due to problems with my hands but I didn't have any problems unscrewing or screwing the lid back on and the component is comfortable and easy to hold.



The lipstick has a doe foot applicator and quite a long wand. I have hand/spatial awareness problems and found that the doe foot was too wide for me to get a defined line on my Cupid's bow and draw out my bottom lip so I used a lip brush instead.  The doe door applicator did make filling in my lips easier and less time consuming than using a brush. The wand is just the right length to maintain control of where you want the lipstick to go. 

This is my go to Autumn/ Winter lipstick. I love everything about it, and hope they bring it back as a permanent colour. 


I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in this blog post are my own. 



No comments:

Post a Comment