About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Thursday 25 January 2018

Paul & Joe Paris in April Part 2 (Nail Polish)



Paul & Joe brought out three limited edition nail polish - Geranium (029), Jeunes Herbes (027) and Dewy Calendula (028).  These retail for £12. I purchased mine (028) from Amazon UK  as Beauty Bay do not seem to have them in stock yet. The bottles and brush are the same as the Koala Bear polish that I reviewed in a Beaks and Claws post. The polish is appplied using a base and top coat.  It is easy to apply as the brush is fairly wide and so covers the whole nail. I found two coats gave a wash of glossy colour and it dried within 10 minutes. I thought the final effect was very like Dior Glow nail polish, giving the nail a healthy glow and faint red wash of colour.



These varnishes can either be used on their own to add a sheer wash of colour or used as a top coat over another colour.  They are infused with jojoba seed oil, olive fruit oil and safflower oil to help keep nails hydrated. I think this varnish adds a gloss or wash of colour to the nails. I have dewy calendula which made my nails look healthy and "done", almost like a shiny boiled sweet.

I purchased these items myself. 
Paul & Joe Beaute is available at BeautyBay.com and Amazon UK. It will be available from Feel Unique from March 2018.


No comments:

Post a Comment