About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Sunday 15 April 2018

Anna Sui Loose Powder Case

This Anna Sui loose powder case is £13 from both Beauty Bay and Amazon UK.  The loose powder case and accompanying powder puff come in the very recognisable Anna Sui cardboard box, which is so pretty it is a shame to throw it away! The case itself is free standing and sturdy, even though it looks fragile, dainty and elegant. The case measures 10cm(H)x10cm(at its widest point). The case stands upon sturdy cabriole legs and looks like it is made of black lacquer, but it is made of a thick black plastic,.  The case has gold edging and is designed to resemble Anna Sui's conceptualisation of a fairy's house.  The outside of the case has raised flower embellishments which are instantly recognisable as part of Anna Sui's overall aesthetic.   The lid has a domed lid so can fit not only loose powder but also be used to store, for example, keys, spare change or favourite pieces of jewellery. It fits with the overall Anna Sui aesthetic of romanticism with a slightly gothic, victoriana, vintage feel to it. 

The powder puff feels and looks very lux and soft - I will feel very glamourous powdering my face it.


The only downsides to the case is that there is no separate compartment for the powder puff  so it has powder on it all the time as it is sat on top of the powder rather than you being in control of how much it picks up. The lid lid lifts off completely, it isn't hinged so it cannot be used for travel as it isn't really secure enough for that.

It is a beautiful, elegant, and decorative item that would be a great addition to any dressing table or vanity area! It is a well made, timeless piece that looks so much more expensive than £13.



I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in my blog are my own.
Available:
Amazon UKBeautyBay 

No comments:

Post a Comment