About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Monday 4 June 2018

Beaks & Claws: Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm in Pixi Pink

Although I love my new my new Dior Addict Lip Glow Balm it is very pricey to use as an every day  apply and throw in your purse item. The Pixi Beauty Shea Butter Lip Balm, from Pixi Beauty, is tinted and comes in 6 shades.  RRP is £8 for 4g.

I chose Pixi Pink and it is contained in a little twist up plastic tube with a secure lid.  The colour is really pretty and vibrant.  It feels and looks more like a creamy sheer/satin lipstick rather than a tinted lipbalm.  It is really moisturising, it contains vitamin E and shea butter,  but I can feel it on my lips.  The intensity of the colour means I wouldn't apply it without a mirror in case I miss my lipline.  The balm is round so it took a few goes for me to achieve a precise, crisp line - my hand eye coordination problems mean I would probably  use a lip brush for ease of application in the future.



I do like this lip balm. The packaging isn't luxurious and feels rather plasticky and the tube of lip balm wobbles a bit as it is applied to the lips,  but for £8 it moisturised and adds a nice  hint of colour.

I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in this blog post are my own.  Pixi Beauty items are available from their online shop and in store and selected retailers such as m&s etc.



2 comments:

  1. I love using tinted lip balms because my lips are always dry, but it's nice to have a touch of colour.
    Recently I've discovered Maybelline's Baby Lips Colour Crayons, lots of colour and moisturising, but again, a little difficult to apply due it being rounded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple of Pixi products in my make-up box. I must admit, I find them ok, but not "wowing". I don't like the flat lip balms and like you, I use a brush to apply.

    ReplyDelete