About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Saturday 30 June 2018

Book Review: Best Man and the Runaway Bride by Kandy Shepherd (M&B)



Best Man and the Runaway Bride is written by Kandy Shepherd and is part of the revamped/ renamed Cherish now True Love collection.   

Assisted by the best man, Max Conway, the bride, Nikki Lucas, after discovering that her intended was cheating on her,  flees her own high society wedding.  She then bumps into him six months later when she is working at her friend' B&B on Bali. Max is a high profile tennis player who has injured himself and so has had to retire from the game.  He doesn't want to be recognised as he has come to Bali to recover, regroup and plan his future.  There is an instant attraction between the pair but is  Nikki looking for more than Max can offer. Is he prepared to move the goal posts and enter in to a long term relationship which is Nikki's goal (I couldn't think of any tennis analogies but it is the World Cup at the moment). 

I enjoyed this book.  It wasn't full of angst, flouncing or disaster, but was full of lovely flowing duscriptions of Bali, the food, culture, sea and clothing.  

I received this book via Netgalley and Mills and Boon in exchange for a honest review. I am a #MillsAndBoonInsider #netgalley

Available from:

No comments:

Post a Comment