About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Wednesday 20 June 2018

Book Review: The Love Islands Collection (M&B)

The Love Islands Collection is published by Mills and Boon and contains 6 seductive island romances.  All have been published before as single books but M&B Collections are a great and cost effective way to be introduced to new authors that you otherwise would scroll past!

Bought to Carry His Heir by Jane Porter - Georgia Nielsen is paid to be a surrogate for billionaire Nokia Panos. Trapped on his island, will love flourish? I enjoyed rereading this book, I read it when it was first released as part of the Modern imprint. The characters are both strong willed and there is a humourous interplay between them. 

The Doctor she Left Behind by Scarlet Wilson - burnt out after sever years working for Doctors Without Borders, Nathan Banks goes to work at Whitsundays. His new colleague is his ex, Rachel Johnson. They are forced to face their past before they can maybe build a future together.  This book is well written. I either love or hate Medical romances but this one was enjoyable.

A Miracle for the Baby Doctor by Meredith Weber - Fran Hawthorne, an embryologist is offered the chance to go and work on a Pacific island for a month. She grabs the chance as it offers her an escape from the humiliation of having her ex husband cheat on her. On the island she meets Dr Steve Ramsome. After years trying to conceive a baby with her ex, Fran and Steve manage to during one night of passion! Will they make a family or remain a temporary fling? Again I enjoyed this book, it is well written and the characters with their past angsts, hope and fears appear realistic to the reader.

His Accidental Heir by Joanne Rock - part of the Desire range, Cameron ONeil goes under cover at his top class property to root out problems first hand. He meets his employee, Maresa Delphine who is his concierge.  She is struggling to combine her job and care for her baby niece.   Cameron sees her and her niece as the solution to the stipulations on his grandfather's will. She is overwhelmed when he reveals his true identity and proposes, but will she accept? I enjoyed this book, Maresa doesn't come across as the traditional heroine in need of saving by the the big strong hero, she is plodding determinedly through life, taking everything that is thrown at her.

Claiming his Wedding Night by Joanne Fuller - Addie Farrell and Malachi Kings' marriage lasted  exactly one day then she realised her marriage was just a sham, that he didn't really love her. Now she is in need of his help to secure funding for her children's music charity.  Malachi sees her financial problems as a way of exacting revenge for the humiliating way she dumped him. He will give her the money if she will give him the wedding Night he missed out on.  I should have enjoyed this. For the most part I normally enjoy the Moden collection novels. This time I found Addie to be a bit of a wimp, allowing herself to be manipulated into bed for financial gain, even if it is for charity.

Still So Hot by Serena Ball - dating coach Elisa Henderson flies in to St Barts with her brand new client. He deserts her and she bumps into her ex best friend, Brett Jordan. Elisa tries to ignore the obvious  mutual attraction they have for one another as a red hot affair would ruin her reputation as a dating coach.  Will they give in to this or will her reputation be more important to her? Part of the Blaze collection which I find tries and sometimes fails to fit in between the M&B Modern collection and the Black Lace genre. This book was okay but I just do not enjoy the Blaze range.

This is a great collection of seductive summer reading. It is a great introduction to the different styles (Modern, Medical, Desire and Blaze) that M&B have to offer potential readers. I didn't love all the books, but the fact that I had downloaded them onto my kindle persuaded me to read ranges (Blaze and Medical) that I would normally dismiss out of hand when choosing my summer or any selection. 

I received this book via Netgalley and Mills and Boon in exchange for a honest review. I am a #MillsAndBoonInsider #netgalley #theloveislandcollection

Available from: 
Amazon UK

Mills & Boon

No comments:

Post a Comment