About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Sunday 24 June 2018

Book Review: Unlocking the Italian Doc's Heart by Kate Hardy (M&B)


Unlocking the Italian Doc's Heart is written by Kate Hardy and published by Mills & Boon Medical. Dr Lorenzo Conti has just found out that his toddler daughter, Florence, is not biologically his daughter and his wife has left him.  He has moved to a new hospital, Muswell Hill Memorial Hospotal,  in order to rebuild his life where upon he meets Jenna Harris, who is also a paediatrician. She has just taken a year out to act as a surrogate for her sister and has also split with her long term boyfriend who did not want her to give up a year of her life, slow down her caterer and have a baby for someone else. Jenna is bubbly and fun, but has trust issues, as does Renzo.  Will she be able to help him get over the pain of losing his family and rebuild his life with her?

I enjoyed, but did not love this book.  The trip to Verona didn't really fit with the rest of the book, although I did enjoy the detailed descriptions of the food and scenery.  It is a pleasant, gentle read. Not much drama or sex.  The ending is the only time there is a hint of angst but all ends well.


I received this book via Netgalley and Mills and Boon in exchange for a honest review. I am a #MillsAndBoonInsider #netgalley

Available from:
Amazon UK 
Mills & Boon 

No comments:

Post a Comment