About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Saturday 7 July 2018

Book Review: It's Always The Husband by Michele Campbell


It's always the husband is a Top Ten Times thriller written by Michele Campbell and published by HQ.  Whilst at the prestigious Carlisle college they became known as the Whipple Triplets.  Kate, the "it" golden girl, Aubrey and Jenny forged an inseparable friendship. They participate in a scandalous freshman pran.  20 years later they are still all firm friends until the prank raises its ugly head  and consequently one of them is murdered.

Advertised as a thriller this is more of a mild suspense novel.  I found the spelling and grammatical errors slightly irritating.  Although the premise and plot are fantastic the execution didn't live up to expectation.  The first part of the book dragged whilst the second half seemed rushed and the plot crammed in.  I found it hard to get to the end of this novel.  I couldn't find a connection with the characters as they seemed under developed and unlikable.   I am ambivalent about this book and wouldn't rush to reread it anytime soon.


received this book via Netgalley and HQ in exchange for a honest review. 

1 comment: