About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Monday 2 July 2018

Gardman Mini Bird Bath



Unusually the UK is experiencing a really hot summer. This, however, is definitely not good news for wildlife who need access to lots of water sources in order to survive and bring up their youngsters.  Gardman does a huge range of hanging and free standing bird baths that are purse friendly, easy to assemble and look great in your garden ( but most importantly your birds will most probably use them(.

I chose the Gardman mini hanging bird bath which costs around £7.99 - £12.99 depending upon where it is purchased.  The bath is ceramic and a bluish colour, measures 23x6.5x23cm and can be used as either a free standing hanging bird bath or inserted into support ring and fastened to a feeding station.  It was very easy to assemble, just hook the three hooks into the corresponding holes in the side of the bird bath and hand where desired.  Mine is hung in a tree where the birds live so it is easy for the blue tits and robin to bring their chicks down to have a bath whilst the tree gives them a bit of shelter and protection from potential predators.  It is very easy to dismantle and clean. Just unhook the chains and wipe down the bath.  I may well buy another one soon to use as a feeder as it is quite deep so grain/ bird food would not fall out and smaller birds could stand in the bath itself to eat.

The birds used the bath straight away. As the baby birds were quite tiny and had only just started using it when I took my pictures I didn't take any when they were around as I didn't want to disturb them.   It is both decorative and  a great drinking/ bathing source which can be placed on the ground/ table etc, hung up as a stand alone bath/water source or fastened to a feeding station.  If you wanted something bigger Gardman make a huge range of both glass and ceramic bird baths which are functional, decorative and will not break the bank!!  I purchased mine from Amazon UK but it is now only available from third party sellers, but it is still available at a lot of online shops and via EBay UK.

I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment