About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Tuesday 28 January 2020

Review: Murad Youth Renewal Starter Kit

After a pretty traumatic first 6 months of 2019 my skin was a mess. I had been caring for my mum who was dying so I had been careless with my gluten intake (I am gluten intolerant), my skin was stressed and dehydrated from the worry and the central heating/air conditioning, my pores were clogged as I didn’t have the time to maintain my exfoliation regime, and as I have mentioned previously I take high levels of fentanyl for a spinal injury and chronic pain so I am susceptible to huge boils and breakouts (fentanyl face).    None of my usual face products were helping so I looked through a few online websites and purchased the  Murad youth renewal starter kit (£30). The kit contains a whole nighttime regime. There is an AHA/BHA exfoliating cleanser (30ml), Retinol Youth  Renewal Serum (10ml), Retinol Youth Renewal Eye Serum (5ml) and Retinol Youth Renewal Night Cream (7.5ml). The set of products is designed to exfoliate, boost radiance, rejuvenate the skin and reduce fine lines. 

The AHA/BHA cleanser incorporates  salicylic, lactic and glycolic acids which  improve the skin’s clarity, brightness and skin cell turn over by dissolving dead skin build up. Jojoba beads gently exfoliate, polish and smooth skin whilst also boosting hydration. After using this cleanser nightly for about a week I noticed my skin was, in places, beginning to look cleaner. It took about 5 weeks to notice and feel a real sustainable change in my skin tone and clarity. My forehead was the first area to become clear and bump free whilst my chin took several months.

The Retinol Youth Renewal Serum is an anti ageing facial Serum which contains Retinol Tri-Active Technology which is supposed to minimise the appearance of lines and deep wrinkles whilst also helping to firm up and even the skin tone. I found that the smaller forehead lines disappeared almost immediately whilst the deeper wrinkles have become less obvious. My skin tone, as is made clear in the photos, is much more even and the redness has gone.




The Retinol Youth Renewal Eye Serum contains the same technology as the face serum. It is a potent eye treatment which targets crow’s feet, the look of wrinkles, firms skin and brightens dark circles. I took the photos which show the improvement made on these targeted areas with my glasses on as I always wear them and for changes to really be great they need to show through them. My skin texture felt less creepy almost immediately. I don’t have particularly noticeable dark circles but by the 4th month the area appeared brighter. The under eye lines have decreased but not to the same extent as my forehead lines.


The Retinol Youth Renewal Night Treatment is a luxurious night cream containing the Retinol tri-active technology, to minimise and smooth fine lines and wrinkles and smooth the skins’s texture. A peptide rich red algae helps to improve youthfulness, elasticity and look of the skin. I found that slowly the clarity, look and feel of my skin improved. It didn’t happen overnight but slowly my pores became unblocked and the skin tone didn’t look or feel as stressed.



I have already bought the full sizes of all these products as they have definitely improved the look and feel of my skin. I used the products in the order they were reviewed but you must wear a high SPF product during the day if you go outside to protect your skin.

I purchased these items myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own




10 comments:

  1. LOVE this brand - the only dowside is the cost

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great products! I will definitely try the Retinol Youth Renewal Night Treatment to smooth fine lines and wrinkles. Interesting that it unblocks the pores and makes the skin look smoother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh I've been wanting to try this brand! The Retinol sounds amazing! Once I'm done having kids I totally want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a positive and helpful post. Thank you. I am aware of the brand but have never tried their products so may dip in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to try the night cream. Especially if it keeps your skin hydrated through the night. I love night creams that enable me to wake up with soft moisturized skin!
    -Monica

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had not heard of this before, but wow! That is such a striking difference from September to December. I hope that life has improved for you somewhat as well. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to try out the night cream. I am always on the lookout for excellent night creams. Is this available in India?

    ReplyDelete
  8. These products sound great and they have obviously improved your skin. It's a shame they are so pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for an honest review! Great to hear people's opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Need to get some more - really has helped my skin - the expense is worth it

    ReplyDelete