About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Thursday 28 May 2020

Review: Chantecaille Hummingbird Eye Quartet (Cool)

Chantecaille’s spring collection was based around and inspired by the Hummingbird’s iridescent wings. As always for every purchase of a Lip Chic (review in the next post) Chantecaille will give back to the Amazon Conservation  Trust, a charitable organisation which is working to protect the hummingbirds’ natural Amazonian habitat.







The eye quartet(£68) comes in two shades, cool and warm. I chose the cool option. The colours are as follows:
 top left, glowing pink pearl (which can be used as an inner corner highlight);
Top right, soft taupe (which can be used as an all over base and tradition shade);
Bottom left, shimmering deep plum (eye liner/ outer eye to deepen dimension);
Bottom left, duo-chrome sparkling rose gold (all over lid).


The metallics can be amplified by using a damp brush. As the eyeshadows are a powder-gel formula they have a lot of dimension and felt light and comfortable to wear. As I wear glasses I always worry about fall out but there didn’t appear to be any. In the pictures I show the shadows in different lights and with/without glasses to illustrate how the colours shift and sparkle, just like hummingbird wings. 

I really like this quad. The packaging is beautiful and the shadows are easy to blend and beautiful to look at. I wish the shadows and the inside packaging could be removed as the box itself would make such a pretty travel jewellery/ trinket box once the shadows have been panned. 

I purchased the item myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own.

2 comments:

  1. Loving the colours - will make a beautiful gift for my neices birthday

    ReplyDelete