About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Sunday 7 May 2023

Croci Kennel For Dogs

I’m finally back for good (I hope). I am not going into where I’ve been or what was wrong but I will say/ write if you feel your mental health deteriorating please don’t ignore it until it becomes a big issue and don’t let Drs fob you off. I will be sending out outstanding prizes with extras during the next week or so, 

So my first purchase when I got back was a Croci dog kennel.  Last year I adopted an ex feral cat, Zeus, via the RSPCA who sadly died when I had just had him a year (this was what tipped me over the edge). I don’t know why he died so suddenly but I decided never to have another one. A few weeks ago a large white and black huge stray cat who looked like a skeleton with a head arrived in my garden and started eating my hedgehog food (kitten biscuits). I have been feeding him proper cat food left over from Zeusy, and as Hercules looked so tired and grubby I decided to get him a cat house to live in until I can tempt him in with me. There are lots of cat “houses” available on Amazon, Etsy etc but most are not suitable. They are too small, not enough ventilation, poorly made, designed for cutesy aesthetic value rather than durability and animal safety. 


The Croci Villa for Dogs is £49.99 on Amazon UK (it may be cheaper on other sites). It is made from recycled plastic and measures 50Dx60Wx41H cm externally and 40x30x35cm internally.  The villa does need putting together, so you will need a screwdriver to put the roof in place. The surround to the door just snapped in place. The vents were more tricky to snap in and it took a lot of force and two people forcing them in to place. 

I like the villa. The roof even has little drain holes for the rain water to run off through. As it is plastic it will be easy to wash and keep clean. I will put a brick in it in winter as I don’t want it to fly off like the farm house in the Wizard of Oz! I also appreciate the vents, I like that the designers considered the need for air to circulate as I also put cat food in there which can smell rather pungent and attract flies. I do wish it was slightly bigger as Hercules is a very tall cat. There is a medium villa  (£71.79) and a larger sized Dog Villa which is over double the size of mine but as it is £142, Hercules will have to like what he has (which he does) and hopefully he will realise not all humans are cruel. 


I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own, 






No comments:

Post a Comment