About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Sunday 9 December 2018

Review: Fenwick 40th Anniversary The Snowman Tree Decoration & Mug


It’s hard to believe The Snowman is 40 years young. First shown in 1978, Fenwick have produced some 40th Anniversary gifts suitable for any age. I chose the mug (£13) and the tree decoration (£16). I purchased these items for my mum, as she is a retired teacher. When she was still teaching Christmas was her favourite time of year as she loved introducing her charges to the delights of Raymond Briggs’ Snowman. By the end of the term they all knew both The Snowman storyline off by heart and could sing the theme tune word perfectly (but not necessarily in tune!). She still loves the Snowman, and now the Snowman and the Snowdog, and Christmas has to stand still whilst she watches it on Channel 4. She has it on video, DVD and downloaded it to her tablet but it isn’t the same thing as watching it then!

The Snowman Tree Decoration is £16 and is a perfect miniature replica of the “real” one. He has been made exclusively  for Fenwick and he is a hand blown bauble (and very fragile). He is 11cm(h)x5.5(w) and arrived safety packaged in a branded box. He will be treasured for many years to come. 







The Snowman mug is £13. It is 100% bone china and is made in the UK. It has the two most well known scenes printed on either side of the mug and the 40 Anniversary logo printed on the bottom of the mug. Just like the tree decoration it came securely packaged in a branded box and will make a lovely gift. 






I purchased these items myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own.



  



2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful - the PERFECT gift too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the snowman was I was little, I can't believe it's 40 years old! These are some lovely gifts and would make a great keepsake.

    ReplyDelete