About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Wednesday 23 June 2021

Book Review: Pug Actually by Matt Dunn

Pug, Actually is a light hearted romance written by Matt Dunn. The main character and narrator of the story is Doug the Pug, a 15/20lb dog who is determined to play matchmaker for his mistress (Julie). Julie rescued Doug and now he feels he should rescue her from Luke. Doug despises Julie’s current boyfriend,  Luke who is married and also her boss. Doug decides Tom would be great for Julie, even though he is a V.E.T. and the storyline is written from Doug’s perspective as he tries to set them up. 

This is an amusing light hearted Rom-com written from a doggy perspective. I especially enjoyed Doug musing about why there shouldn’t be lost cat posters because cats can’t read! This is one of my favourite books I have read so far this year. Loved it. 


received this book via Netgalley and Harper Collins in exchange for a honest review.  #netgalley #gifted




 

3 comments:

  1. Ive read this one too - recommend to all

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought this and can't wait to read it over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for the lovely review. Have added this book to my Want To Read list.

    ReplyDelete