About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Thursday 17 June 2021

Book Review: The Guilty Husband by Stephanie DeCarolis

The Guilty Husband is a debut mystery/ Suspense novel written by Stephanie DeCarolis 

Vince Taylor and Nicole have been happily married for many years. Layla comes to work as an intern at the technology firm Vince is the CEO. Surprise: Vince and Layla have an affair. Layla is murdered in Central Park with no witnesses, and Vince is convicted by the media. He has told a few small lies to protect his perfect marriage image and ensure he isn’t accused of murder but he doesn’t know who to turn to or who he can trust. 

This novel is written in the first person for all characters which isn’t a literary device I particularly enjoy as it can get confusing as the narration moves between the characters. I didn’t find the characters particularly likeable, especially Detective Allison  Barnes. The storyline was well thought out and the murderer was a surprise, so although I didn’t enjoy the way the storyline was presented I did enjoy the premise of the novel. 

received this book via Netgalley and HQ in exchange for a honest review.  #netgalley #gifted




 




1 comment: