About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Friday 11 June 2021

Review: Paul & Joe Matte Beige Powder

The Paul & Joe Matte Beige Powder (LE) contains SPF 25, UVA and UVB protection . The pressed powder is also designed  to control sebum as it contains a sebum absorbing powder. The pressed powder is released each spring in a limited edition and matching pouch. The ladybird version is from last year - I forgot to post the review! The pouch and compact come in a gift set costing £28 and this version is still available via Amazon. 

The powder can be applied with either a brush or the puff which comes in the compact. I prefer using the puff as it gives more coverage. My skin does get very greasy and sweaty in hot weather and I found that when I applied the powder it was less noticeable and less like an oil slick. The compact comes with a mirror which is always handy and it is a cute refillable compact to have. The powder does feel silky and finely milled and there is little fall out. The powder has a cat face imprint which is cute. This does get rubbed out quite quickly as it is surprising how much powder is needed to cover your face when using a puff


 I wouldn’t use this SPF product by itself, I always wear an SPF lotion on my face but it is great as a back up and to use to control my sebum. What I don’t like about the compact is the lack of shades. The beige tone looks nice on me but I am very fair, if I do use fake tan or catch the sun it looks very unnatural so I imagine it would look ashy on darker skin tones. 



I purchased the item myself and the views expressed in my blog are my own 






1 comment: