About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Monday 14 June 2021

Review: UNISA Yadria Metal Effect Girl’s Espadrilles


 I have tiny feet (size 2UK/34), cannot walk in heels and can’t look down to buckle or tie shoes up. At 45(ish) I dont want to wear shoes with sparkles, sequins or glitter on them. I found the Unisa website in 2019 and purchased the Unisa metal effect silver Yadria espadrilles in a 34. They have a metallic silver leather upper and a combination of a braided jute and a EVA rubber track sole. The espadrilles fasten with a Velcro closure. I didn’t review them to when I purchased them as my mum had just died so I stopped posting for a while. I thought as I have worn these constantly for two summers and still going strong I would review them now.

The kid’s espadrilles cost £69,90 on the UNISA Website, but they aren’t shipping to the U.K. at the present time due to Brexit. Amazon does have a smaller collection of both UNISA adult and childrens’ shoes. £69.90 does seem expensive for a pair of children’s shoes but they are well made, last a long time and they are comfortable. In the photos I have compared photos I took when I purchased them in June 2019 and taken similar photos two years later to show how well they keep their shape, colour etc.  I have wide feet and the leather part of the shoe fitted and was comfortable straight away, no rubbing. I didn’t get any rubbing on the back of my heel from the braided material and the Velcro is easy to fasten without having to look down. I like the look of gold thread that is woven into the jute sole as it makes the shoes look slightly different to the average espadrille. 

When UNISA manage to figure out the extra  work that Brexit created I will purchase a pair of the kid’s Yadria suede effect espadrilles. I know that they will last for years and will be comfortable to wear due to the excellent workmanship and care that has gone into their design and manufacture. 

                         

 I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in my blog are my own 






1 comment:

  1. I have these in black - so comfy and go with so many clothe styles

    ReplyDelete