About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Thursday 9 July 2020

Review: Silken Favours Butterfly Silk Scrunchie





 
Silken Favours is a  company based in the UK which creates hand drawn prints and transposes them into beautiful pieces of silk artwork. The creative director and owner of Silken Favours is Vicki Murdoch. I  have followed her company  on Instagram for sometime as I love looking at silk printing and silk scarfs. I really enjoy her aesthetic - the animals, unicorns and general artwork are so realistic and detailed. All the items are hand made in Britain. Sadly most of her items are way out of my price range. During lockdown, however,  she posted that she was making scrunchies out of her off cut silk prints.  I purchased the butterfly  scrunchie (£12). The butterfly scrunchie can be worn around the wrist and admired, or used as for its intended purpose, a hair tie. I like that she hasn’t just cut through the material, massacring the butterflies but instead has cut the material sympathetically so the artistry can be admired. I like that every time I look at it I see something different. Last time I was showing someone I noticed the tiny fly. Obviously as the scrunchies are made from off-cuts each one is bespoke and that makes them unique as no one else will have one like mine. As they are silk they won’t rip or damage your hair when pulling it off.  Since I bought my scrunchie she has also brought out a range of silk face masks (£20). I especially love the cat riding unicorn face mask!        

I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own 





4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I think it's so funny that scrunchies are having a moment again. They are too practical to go out of style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look absolutely beautiful...Some things just never go out of style...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something new for me to discover - they look beauties

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so pretty! l love all the beautiful face masks now its made wearing them so much more fun

    ReplyDelete