About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Tuesday 28 September 2021

Review: REN Clean Skincare Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial

I received a sample size REN Clean Skincare Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial in a 2020 Advent and finally got round to using it.

The full size version costs £34 for 75g. The mask is packaged in a squeeze tube so it is hygienic, easy to pack for travel etc. The mask includes ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) to  help brighten the skin and help protection against the effects of pollution, Frankincense Oil to help soothe and calm the skin and silica, copper and magnesium to boost the skin’s radiance and brightness whilst combating the look of skin fatigue. Designed as a revitalising mask for all skin types, the 1 Minute Facial is supposed to be used three times a week. It is a water activated skin treatment designed for those who live in the city Whose skin is damaged by pollution. The mask is designed to be applied over cleansed skin. The product is applied to the face/neck with your fingers and massaged in. Then dampen fingers and massage the area again to activate vitamin C. Leave for 1 minute and then wash off. The facial is supposed to transform and revitalise dull, grey skin,  targeting signs of stress, increase skin radiance, reduce the look of wrinkles by 15%, leaving skin looking firm, toned and smoothed, reducing and minimising the look of skin imperfections. The product is dermatologically tested and is hypoallergenic. 

The mask has tiny granules which gently exfoliate the skin. The mask feels very thick and almost vaselinely/greasy to the touch and smells like liquorice. Looking at the before and after photo, my skin looked grey, dull and stressed in the first picture and much brighter and radiant in the ‘After’ second one. The spot on my forehead is not as noticeable and the skin around it is not flaky and looks more moisturised. Overall my skin looks more hydrated, less stressed and irritated and imperfections are less noticeable. I have a nice post facial glow which I like. I have very sensitive skin and didn’t have any more breakouts than usual after using this product and did not experience any irritation after using it. 

I like this mask. To get the full effect you do need to use it three times a week but as it only takes a minute I can fit it into my routine very easily!


I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in my blog are my own 




7 comments:

  1. I’ve had the chance to try REN’s moisturizer and I loved it. I’ll have to look into this product, it sounds great! Thanks for sharing your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven’t heard of this brand before (there are so many!) but it sounds great! Thanks for reviewing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cost of a normal sized bottle is pretty expensive, especially when they want you to use it three times a week

    ReplyDelete
  4. i’ve never heard of this brand until now, thank you for sharing your thoughts

    jessica | www.overdressedblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great brand - can really see the difference to

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard about REN for years but I haven't tried any of their products yet. This one looks awesome though, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this brand. Thanks for the great article.

    ReplyDelete