About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Wednesday 18 May 2022

Beak & Claws: Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet Lipstick in La Raffinee (34)

                   


I have used up several of these  Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet Lipsticks in La Raffinee 34 and it is my favourite go to matte lipstick. The Chanel Rouge Allure Lipsticks retail for £31 and there are 14 dazzling and luminous matte shades to choose from.

The Rouge Allure Lipsticks give a luminous matte lip colour which is non-drying and comfortable on the lips. The colour payoff is a soft velvet matte finish.  A combination of ultra thin pearlescent  particles  and soft focus microspheres creates the luminousi matte, second skin like finish. A combination of silicone beads and jojoba oil moisturises and smoothes the lips.

I found the lipstick very comfortable to wear and easy to appply. No dryness or patchiness. One swipe gave me a vibrant lip colour that looked natural. The lipstick felt weightless to wear and left my lips looking and feeling velvety and soft. The combination of mattness with luminosity makes the lipstick look more natural and makes it a great alternative to satin lipsticks as this formulation is between the two finishes. 

The lipstick case itself is very luxurious.  The case is black lacquer with gold accents. One click of the base of case releases the lipstick which then can be twisted up and applies. The iconic immediately identifiable CC lettering is embossed on the gold base of the lipstick. 



I purchased this item myself and it is available at all Chanel stockists. All views expressed in this blog are my own.







2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful shade of pink! I love Chanel lipsticks. The packaging is gorgeous and the product itself is very hydrating and easy to wear. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love this colour! I've never tried Chanel lipsticks before but I really want to give it a go now! I love that it has quite a natural look/feel to it. Thank you so much for sharing x

    ReplyDelete