About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Thursday 16 May 2024

Book Review: The Baby Swap That Bound Them by Hana Sheik

 

This is a True Love Mills and Boon novel written by Hana Sheik. The storyline is set mostly in Uganda. Yusra is a divorced Ugandan Muslim who is struggling financially. Bashir is a single father, a billionaire of Somalian origin who has worked his way up to achieve financial success. They realise there babies AJ and Zaire have been swapped when they are nearly 3 years old. They both love the babies they think of as theirs. They agree upon a marriage of convenience so they don’t lose this. Slowly this marriage develops in to more but can they both overcome their pasts and their emotional baggage and achieve a HEA? 

I found this an interesting book to read. I think this is the first M&B novel which has had Muslim characters and I hope this teen continues. I enjoyed reading about Yusra’s modest clothing and Uganda in general. Both there characters are complex and there is a lot of baggage. Yusra has escaped an emotionally abusive marriage and has been struggling to maintain a living as a graphic designer, Bashir is terrified of intimacy and love as he lost his family during a flood in Somalia as a child and he is afraid to love again.  There is chemistry between the pair but it seem very muted and almost off. 

I love Mills & Boon UK and I think you will too! Click my personal referral link to get a discount on your first purchase http://rwrd.io/f4yjeqp?c 

I received this book via Netgalley and Mills and Boon in exchange for a honest review. I am a #MillsAndBoonInsider #netgalley #gifted 





2 comments:

  1. Haven't read this one - will be adding to My TBR books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful cover. Sounds fab.

    ReplyDelete