About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Sunday 28 July 2024

Book Review: Revenge in Paradise by Heidi Rice

Revenge in Paradise is written by Heidi Rice and is published under Mills & Boon Modern collection. This is the second in a mini series - both the main characters were introduced briefly during Brandon and Lacey’s novel Revealing Her Best Kept Secret.  Roman Garner was raised on the streets, Unacknowledged by his family he has risen to the status of billionaire but is still bitter about his treatment as a child and young adult. His chance arises when Lacey’s penniless artist sister - Milly Devlin tries to steal Roman’s speed boat in order to escape a party where she has had a huge argument with her sister. Roman’s plan is pretty basic - seduce Milly to get revenge on his elder half brother for ignoring his pleas for help. Once Roman has Milly on his private island, however, he realises that she is nothing like he imagined and their attraction is off the scale. They have an affair which is teetering on a HEA. But will it all come crashing down at Lacey and Brandon’s baby’s christening when unpalatable truths emerge?

This novel has an opulent, billionaire lifestyle backdrop which I enjoyed. I actually liked Brandon’s character, I found Milly’s determination to not accept her sister’s help as she struggled as an artist annoying rather than endearing! It was an enjoyable read but the characters aren’t as relatable as the first novel. 

I love Mills & Boon UK and I think you will too! Click my personal referral link to get a discount on your first purchase http://rwrd.io/f4yjeqp?c 

I received this book via Netgalley and Mills and Boon in exchange for a honest review. I am a #MillsAndBoonInsider #netgalley #gifted 









No comments:

Post a Comment