Summary
Elsie is taken prisoner by Dante on Vito’s private island, Isla Donna, as he escapes after being held prisoner there for several months. The two brothers run rival mafia gangs. Dante runs the Malvini gang which tried to kill both Vito and Mia in the first novel. He takes Evie as a potential bargaining chip and protection against potential retaliation by Vito. The pair have a great chemistry and Dante falls for Evie’s kindness. They marry and move to New York. Dante’s overbearingness and the remnants of his childhood trauma plus Evie’s childhood issues need to be overcome as chemistry alone cannot lead to a lasting relationship.
Review
The story is told from both Evie’s and Dante’s viewpoint. The storyline is well balanced and doesn’t just have a tenuous connection to the first book. although it can be read as a standalone novel. Both the main characters are likeable and relatable. There are some very heart rending moments relating to the puppy, for example. I enjoyed this mini series and would recommend it.
I received this book via Heidi Rice in exchange for a honest review. I am a #MillsAndBoonInsider #gifted


No comments:
Post a Comment