About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Tuesday 4 December 2018

Paul & Joe Makeup Collection Advent Calendar 2018. Updated Daily


I still use the items I received in the 2016 Paul and Joe Beaute Advent Calendar, so I was pleased to see that they had launched another one (£56) for 2018. I was slightly put off by some less than enthusiastic Youtube reviews as they either didn’t like cats or weren’t interested in P&J makeup. I still bought one as I want to frame it as I did with the last one and use it as a piece of art. I shall update the Post as I open the doors. The advent is designed by Sophie Melachy, the founder of Paul and Joe, and features her two cats: Gypsy and Nounette.  This advent celebrates the 12 days of Christmas and contains 12 items even though it has 25 numbers. It also has a button that miows when pressed which slightly creeps my cat out! I shall update this post as I open the doors and will post a full face of majeup rather than just swatches when they are all open.

                                              

Day 1: Mini Foundation Primer 001 (10ml). I use this primer without foundation on good skin days, so I am pleased to have a mini version to use to touch up or for mini breaks.




Day 3: pressed powder Limited 001 (5.5g). Cute little cate embossed compact and the mirror may be small but it certainly magnifies! Love this to pop in my handbag.








Day 5: refillable lipstick case. These normally retail at £7 so I was pleased to get one as I collect them. 











Day 6: lip treatment stick (403). I reviewed this lip balm when it was released as part of their Paris in April Collection.  mine is nearly used up so I was pleased to get another one. They retailed for £11.


Day 9: LE face colour in 003. Can be used on face and eyes. Simply peel back the plastic cover to use and the put back once you have finished. The cat picture is so cute. This little disc will be great for travel or to pop in my bag as it will fit in my credit card case. 

I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own. I purchased the calendar 

1 comment: