About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Monday 24 May 2021

Review: Gardman Complete Wild Garden Bird Feeding Station Kit with 4 Feeders & Feeding Station Patio Stand


My whole bird feeder station set up is built around Gardman products. I find them good value, easy to put together and easy to clean! I got and reviewed the Kids bird feeding station in 2017 and it has been taken over by the pigeons who regard it as theirs! The blackbirds have staked their claim to the ground bird feeder and the robins, sparrows, blue tits etc have claimed the new feeder station as their own! 

 The Gardman complete bird feeding kit comes with everything you need to start your feeding system (I replaced the seed and suet feeders with the heavy duty seed feeders and trays as they have a metal hoop which I find easier to hook onto the station). The pole connected together quite easily. As I am short I left one of the lengths out. At its full height it is 225cm.  The kit included a peanut feeder, suet feeder, two seed feeders, bird bath and a seed feeder tray.   I do think there was a bit too much plastic on the feeders which had to be peeled off. The feeding station comes in either a natural or black finish and is made from metal. 

 I have purchased two patio stands, one for my new feeder station and another for my original. I think these are great as I couldn’t get the piles deep enough into the soil that they didn’t start tilting every so often. The patio stands need patience to assemble! I found it difficult to get the screw correctly into the base so the holder stood straight up. The patio stand also comes with converters as the stations come in different diameters. 

I think the birds approve of their new feeders. Station. I enjoy watching them, whilst they enjoy eating! 













3 comments:

  1. How does the bird feeder station hold up against squirrels? I've heard they can be a common problem with bird feeders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are protectors you can fit over. I don’t use them as we are trying to encourage squirrels to return to the area.

      Delete
  2. You did a great job
    Looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete