About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Thursday 27 June 2024

Review: Recycled WWF In the Wild Lulu Bag


I first saw the Recycled WWF In the Wild Lulu Bag in jade green (£75) when browsing Instagram to search for ethically made products which support good causes. I used to subscribe  to the WWF many years ago. I had the t-shirt, stuffed panda, magazines etc. I only stopped because I wanted to support more charities on an adhoc basis. I have also been looking for an ethically made vegan leather bag, obviously for ethical principles but also because I tripped over a hedgehog when I was going out in the evening to put the hoggies’ food out. As I can’t look down I felt my foot touch him, lost my balance and flung myself to the side to avoid landing on him and potentially squashing him. He got out of this fiasco unscathed, I did not. I landed on the shoulder which is pinned. The pins are now no longer where they should be. I need to use a lighter bag to avoid putting pressure on my shoulder for the foreseeable future. As I was feeling pretty miserable I decided to buy jade green Recycled WWF In the Wild Lulu Bag.

The WWF x Fenella In The Wild Collection supports the WWF’s Save Our Wild Isles Campaign. The bag is jade green, measures 7.5 D x 16H x24W.7.5  It is made from vegan leather (recycled RPET FABRIC  which is a new type of environmentally friendly recycled fabric. The yarn fabric is made from recycled coke bottles and mineral water bottles, also known as coke bottle fabric).  The bag comes with a beautiful crossbody adjustable strap and a tassel zip. There is a pouch pocket on one side of the main bag compartment and a inner zipped compartment. The bag has complimentary gold hardware and a sturdy zip. The inside of the bag has the same print as as the strap. 

The bag arrived carefully wrapped in Fenella Smith London embossed tissue paper. The bag is incredibly light but does not look cheap or fake as some vegan leather items sometimes do. The “leather” is textured and feels very tactile to the touch. The strap design and the inside of the bag are works of art. The birds and flowers are so detailed and intricate. I love the tassel. As someone who can’t look down and has difficulty gripping small items such as zips the tassel makes it so easy to undo and fasten my bag without me worrying I haven’t pulled the zip all the way and I at risk of getting pickpocketed! 

I love my bag. I can fit quite a lot in it, my wallet, phone and camera plus it supports a great cause. I have used my bag continually since I purchased it and will continue to do so. It is one of the best items I have purchased. I would recommend it for anyone who wants to support an ethical brand and especially to anyone who has hand problems and/or needs a lightweight but smart looking bag. 

I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own. 




1 comment: