About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Saturday 10 November 2018

Beak & Claws: Anastasia Beverly Hills Ruby Matte Lipstick

Anastasia Beverly Hills are renowned for their highlighters and eyebrow products. Their lipsticks, however, seem to fly under the radar and don’t get much love on YouTube etc. I got the Ruby Matte lipstick as part of a Sephora lip box last year (they retail individually for £18) but have only just pulled it out to use as it is the perfect Christmas red. 

Ruby is a cool toned red with a blueish undertone. It feels very light on the lips but did tug a little when I applied it. The finish is a non drying velvety matte which feels comfortable to wear   It lasts for around 6 hours and did stain my lips which was fine as it meant that the lipstick faded elegantly and didn’t look patchy!


I would try other colours in this range: the lipstick formula is comfortable to wear and the colour is vibrant and true to the colour in the bullet.


I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own. 
Available from all ABH stockists.








1 comment: