About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Friday 28 July 2023

Review: Groove Ring - Poppy & Petunia Katie Van Slyke Signature Ring.

I first saw Poppy and Petunia the mini highland cows on TikTok and have watched them ever since. I had never heard of silicone rings until Katie announced she was collaborating with Groove Life to design some Groove rings, one which would be based on Poppy and Petunia. Poppy is a mini high park and Petunia  a mini highland cow. 



Silicone rings are durable and comfortable to wear. Your finger won’t sweat when wearing it. They are made from medical grade materials. Groove rings also have a 94 guarantee that if a ring is damaged, cut, stretched or lost, they will replace it. 

Poppy and Petunias’ ring is a wide ring - 8mm, so the graphics are clear. The ring features their namesake flowers, two pictures of each cow and Katie’s signature. They ring arrived in a cute Jiffy bag and a tiny metal box which would be great to use as a travel ring case. Postage from the US took about 2 weeks and cost $10, which is quite cheap. I have been browsing  Etsy/ eBay and the average postage price for a ring is $20+!

 I love this ring. The combination of the two most famous mini cows on TikTok coupled with their namesake flowers is adorable. The ring is light and comfortable to wear. I spin mine round to see a different cow every so often so it looks like  I’m wearing a different ring! 

Can I recommend it? When I first started watching the TikToks and purchased my ring I didn’t realise she was a hunter. I just thought she was a farmer from Tennessee who enjoyed showing off her beautiful animals online. Now, as a wildlife animal lover I am conflicted as I hate hunting in any shape or form. I guess it’s up to the purchaser to decide but just because I bought, reviewed and wear (I paid for it so I am not going to bin it) my ring it doesn’t mean I support hunting. 

 I purchased the item myself and the views expressed on this blog are my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment