About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Wednesday 17 April 2019

Beak & Claws: A Review of Chantecaille Tourmaline Lip Cristal


Chantecaille e have created three limited edition Lip Cristals as part of their 2019  Polar Ice Collection. Inspired by the Aurora Borealis and the icy glow of the glacial ice, the colour palate for this collection is vivid and sparkling. I chose the Lip Cristal in Tourmaline (£42) a sparkly vibrant lipstick in a pinky/ bluish hue. Chantecaille will be planting a tree in Kenya for every sale of the Lip Cristals in an attempt to help offset the effects of climate change.     

The bullet case is white with a polar bear embossed on it. The case is quite weighty and there is a satisfying click when the lid is popped back on.  Despite the crystalline shimmer the lipstick is smooth to apply and does not feel gritty on the lips. The lipstick leaves a metallic opaque wash of colour on the lips which lasts for several hours, leaving the lips glossy but not feeling greasy. The formula is lightweight and doesn’t transfer. 

Chantecaille aille lip products are expensive but I enjoy using them as they are free from parabens and phthalates and Chantecaille is a cruelty free, philanthropic brand.  

I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own. 



5 comments:

  1. Sounds expensive but worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful, but very expensive. However, it's good to treat ourselves x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I adore the colour of the lipstick and also the packaging. But I can't help noticing that beautifully painted rock behind. So beautifully painted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are be beautiful - the colour is so me

    ReplyDelete