About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Tuesday 9 April 2019

Review: Tatty Devine EU Passport Necklace

A fun fact about me, that very few people are aware of, is that I have 7 degrees in different aspects of EU politics and law including a doctorate examining the EU policy process. Naturally I am a Remainer, and like many others  was gutted by the results of the Referendum in 2016.  Tatty Devine have created a collection of  acrylic jewellery which supports the EU and  Remainers. 

 I chose the EU passport necklace (£25), which is also available as a brooch. The little maroon passport measures 2.8x2cm and is made from lasered acrylic with gold ink detailing. The text on the passport reads “we are European at heart”, the EU stars are underneath and  there is a gold  broken heart at the bottom of the passport. Naturally there is a plectrum with the Tatty Devine logo embossed on it.  The tiny passport hangs from a gold tone chain which is adjustable from 44 to 49cm in length. The necklace arrived in a Tatty Devine gift box.  There are several other items in this collection but I chose the passport as I think whilst it is cute and contemporary in design it also reflects a pivotal, and disastrous, moment in UK politics and I will be able to wear it for years to come and reflect upon what a disaster the last few years have been in politics.  I think Tatty Devine have been brave as they are one of the few businesses to  directly address the issue of Brexit and how it will negatively affect small businesses. So many larger firms and the media are skirting around the issue because “it’s the will of the people”. I shall wear my necklace with pride for many years to come. 
I purchased this item myself and all views expressed in this blog are my own. The collection is available from all Tatty Devine stockists and their online and flagship stores.



6 comments:

  1. Wearing this would certainly be a talking piece x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fed up of all the politics - just wish people had been better informed at the start @

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting piece of jewellery.

    ReplyDelete