About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Monday 1 April 2019

Deadly Desires Fawn Headdress

I was lucky enough to win this unusual fawn head dress in Deadly Desires_ Uncanny Cat’s Instagram giveaway. I thought I would review the head dress on my blog as the piece is so unusual and would look great at all the summer festivals. Deadly Desires creates unusual but reasonably priced head dresses. The designers started their business in 2018, visiting all the small festivals, fairy fest and Pride.  Designs are inspired by nature, folklore, fairytales, art and history. The design process can be rather messy as the artist like to surround herself with colours, potential additions which will inspire and shape the final creation. Most of the headdresses are commissioned,  bespoke items. Ideas are  bounced back and forth between the artist and client until the perfect creation evolves.  


My fawn headdress has a satin pink headband which is comfortable to wear. The fawn horns are very eye catching, ponk and glittery. They are light and don’t make the headdress uncomfortable to wear.  The headband is festooned with flowers and is clearly influenced by nature and bright summer colours.  My item came beautifully packaged in a holographic box and pink tissue paper. I would recommend Deadly Desires to anyone looking for that unique head dress as they are beautifully hand crafted and reasonably priced.  More of her designs can be seen on her instagram page or online shop.

I won this item in an Instagram competition but this has not influenced the views expressed in this blog post. 
 










9 comments:

  1. It looks so well made, a real quality item!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow stunning. I love all the detail and care that had gone into making this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow very unusual and colourful definitely eyecatching

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not really sure where I would wear this, but the colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely and colourful very nice

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks lovely, it's so bright and colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! SO pretty. Reminds me of something out of Narnia.

    ReplyDelete