About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Sunday 16 February 2020

Room Review: Mercure Bolton The Georgian House Hotel

I stayed at the Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel last Sunday to use up some of my Accor points.  I always stay in one of the Accor brand hotels if  I can as I have always find the staff to be helpful, the rooms reasonably priced and the rooms accessible to a walker, stick  or  someone with limited mobility. I don’t like booking disabled rooms as I like having a bath (as long as I have someone to help me in and out). 




I was in room 782. I found the door not too heavy to push open, even when navigating a wheelie suitcase, a stick and my lack of coordinated self through the door! The light switches were at the entrance so no scrabbling around in the dark. I liked that the suitcase storage area was tucked away in the hall so I was less likely to trip over abandoned luggage in the main room areas. The wardrobe was large and spacious and there was a full length mirror. Opposite the mirror/ storage area was a can’t/ hairdryer/ drinks facility space, which for once I could actually easily reach? 

The bathroom area was well lit and felt and looked clean. Again the mirror was huge and I found the bath easy to get in and out of with help. I didn’t feel unsafe using the grab rail or the power shower.



I liked that the main bed/seating area of the hotel room had been cleverly divided by the ositioning of yet another mirror and the desk area. The lighting was better than some Accor hotels I have stayed in when revising for exams and I have ended up using a torch for extra light. The bed was comfortable and there was lots of space around the bed and seating area which would make it more accessible and easy to navigate for someone like me who lacks spatial awareness and has to use a walker or stick. 

I found the staff to be really friendly, cheerful and helpful. There is a lovely sports centre, bar and restaurant which I didn’t get to use as my cat decided to be ill so I had to leave my break early to go back to look after him! 


I have stayed at this hotel on previous occasions and no doubt will do so again as I find that it is conveniently located for a short break. 




12 comments:

  1. Looks like a great place to get your head down. Hope your cat is ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like such a nice comfortable room. I am glad you got some time away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...the decor is pretty simple, yet homey and comfortable

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've actually never heard of this hotel chain but you've peaked my interest. They will certainly be on my radar from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THis looks like a fantastic place to visit. I will have to look into this!πŸ“ΈπŸ‘“πŸ•πŸš’πŸ³

    ReplyDelete
  6. the hotal looks lovely. welcoming, pretty and comfortable enough

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that looks like a really comfortable room and somewhere I'd really want to stay. Thanks so much for sharing this with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A useful and comprehensive review. Thank you. How is your cat?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks great! I love the accent wall wallpaper. It also looks very clean and has nice lines, which is a must for me in a hotel! Glad you enjoyed your stay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like the perfect place to stay for anyone visiting the area. Hotel reviews are always so helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's awesome that there is a sports center. I think a friendly staff can make or break a stay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful place - will keep in mind

    ReplyDelete