About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Wednesday 16 October 2024

Review: Cosy Cabin for Cats and Small Pets

I purchased and reviewed the Croci Kennel  last year. It’s fine but as I thought it is very light and has to be weighted down or will fly away like the house in the Wizard of Oz! The clip on brown filter and surround for the door also ping off every so often, which is annoying. I was looking for a reasonably priced, sturdy, waterproof cat house suitable for outdoors as a neighbour has 27 cats and some are living in my garden and were eating my hedgehog (kitten) food. I have adjusted my food bill to buy extra cat food (one of the 27 had already moved herself in with me) but I needed a house for any that stay over night. After some Googling I found Cosy Cabins,/ Kitty Cabin Outdoor Shelter which range in price from £44.95 to £59.99. 

 


I purchased the deep green £54 version. It measures 39Hx42Wx52Dcm.  It is made from one thick piece of moulded plastic so no chance of water seeping through or the igloo rotting as could happen with wooden structures. It is 100% water proof. 

The igloo is lifted off the floor with strips so the base won’t get cold and uncomfortable for the resident. The structure is easy to clean with a hose and there is a little hole in the base so water can run out. There is quite a lot of room inside the Cabin so an average sized cat or dog can sit comfortably without feeling claustrophobic. The entryway is receded and there is an overhang to prevent rain coming in.

I bought my Cabin a few weeks ago and immediately one of the cats had moved in: I did buy a self heating blanket so she would be more comfy and she seems to approve! 

I would definitely recommend these Cabins. They are waterproof and UV safe. They are suitable for not only cats but also small dogs, rabbits, Guinea pigs, foxes, hedgehogs etc. the The designers certainly understood a cat’s needs and demands when designing the igloos and they are reasonably priced. 

  

 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you Susan for this wonderful review - we are really grateful that you took the time to write about our Kitty Cabin x

    ReplyDelete