About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Tuesday 24 March 2020

Review: Classic Canes Amethyst Marbled Acrylic Derby Moderne Walking Stick

I purchased the Classic CanesAmethyst acrylic marbled moderne derby walking stick from the Stick & Cane Shop (£36.95 plus postage). It is an extremely elegant and lightweight walking stick. The colour combination is eye catching and a classic combination of purple, black and a silver tone accent around the top of the stick. The handle is very tactile - the purple is the exact deep purple colour as high quality Brazilian amethyst and the colour shifts slightly as the light changes. The handle puts a twist on the original derby style whence the modern reference. I have very small hands and find the handle comfortable to hold and use. 



The shaft of the walking stick is black and made from hardwood. There is a silver gilt metal collar to break up the two main colour ways.  The stick is stylish, sophisticated, light weight and easy to adjust. I had 28 cm cut off as I am small in stature. Without my modifications the walking stick measures 95cm and weights 250g. It doesn’t have a wrist strap but I don’t see that as a problem for me as I don’t really use them. The walking stick comes in several other colour ways: garnet; emerald; silver; pink and coffee. All of these options have the same black shaft. There are also extending versions available for £56. 


I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own. 



18 comments:

  1. beautiful cane love the colors and wonder what individual must have owned it in the past

    ReplyDelete

  2. Such a stick is truly classy. Then oh well the amethyst is my crystal and I am very close to it, it has strong energies on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! I just love these colors. I would so get one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is absolutely lovely! I am really loving the colors. Thank you for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This gives the cane such a classier look and is just lovely to look at. I'd definitely see myself gifting this cane to someone that needs one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a beautiful design and i really like the purple color of the handle. I know exactly who could use one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super like the cane, awesome design and awesome color. Thanks a lot for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always thought walking sticks were so awesome. And to see the variety of ones you can buy and how elaborate they can get. One of my kids collected true walking sticks every time we went camping. Great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Walking stick has great colours. The handle looks great and comfortable too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cane is pretty, nice colour though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The handle looks very pretty, it gives the walking stick a bit of personality. Purple is actually my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those colors.Are you supposed to use it in the yard?

    ReplyDelete
  13. really. very classy! i love the look of it, it's real charming! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow what a cool walking stick, love the top handle, very snazzy and chic

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Purw class - my dad would be made up with one of his own

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a classy looking walking cane. I have never seen one with a gemstone handle.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Highly recommend these to all - dad now has 2 - he loves them

    ReplyDelete