About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Tuesday 22 September 2020

Review: Chantecaille Safari Chic Eye Trio


The Chantecaille Fall 2020 collection consists of an eyeshadow palette and three limited edition Lip Veils.  The Safari Chic Eye Trio  (£72) is a trio of elegant wearable suede textured eyeshadow shades inspired by the African landscape at  sunset and the endangered African  elephant. Each shade has an elephant embossed on it and has a tonal overspray. As the palette is part of their philanthropy collection it supports their long term charitable partner Space for Giants who aim to protect African elephants and their natural habitat. 

Sylvia and her daughter Olivia completed the Walk for Giants which follows the ancient migratory path the elephants take to Kenya. This experience inspired the earthy tones of the collection and the three eyeshadow shades. The first is a beautiful deep taupe meant to represent the reverence of Kenya but I think the deep taupe shade reflects the colour of the elephants’ hide. The second is a reddish clay tone, inspired by elephants rolling in the red clay. The third shade is a golden shade inspired by the dry grass and golden tones of the elephants’ habitat. All three eyeshadows are very wearable either as one look shades which can either be worn as a wash of colour which can be built up for a more dramatic look or can the eyeshadows can be blended together very easily. The brush included in the palette is great for applying a wash of colour. 

        

I didn’t use arm swatches in this post as I wanted to show how dynamic the shades are on the concave of the eye and how easily the shades blend together. The only downside to the palette is that the shimmer is only an overspray which wears off quite quickly. I would have preferred half of each shade to be a shimmer or the whole shade to have shimmer all the way through. 

        

The packaging is gorgeous. The case is plastic and easy to wipe down. The elephant reminds me of the lenticular books I had as a child as the elephant appears to be moving as the case is held at different angles. The mirror is very useful as it is useable as is the brush. The eyeshadows are in magnetic pans and are removable. 

I really like this palette. Yes it is expensive, but all the colours are neutral easy to wear tones that work well together or on their own.  The brush is good quality and I love the packaging. 


I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in my blog are my own. 

3 comments: