About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Tuesday 5 January 2021

Paper Roses A Gift For All Occasions


I decided I wanted some new blogger props that didn’t look like the traditional marble, gold glass etc item but would last a long time and add continuity through my Instagram feed and posts. I searched Etsy and found a few sellers who are located in the U.K. (postage from elsewhere is astronomical). The roses are from AlanaPhoenixandCo and cost £15 for a single stem rose. I chose red, dark blue and purple. As the flowers are all hand made no two are alike. 

 The flower heads measure around 9cm in diameter and the flower and stem around 30cm. The roses are available in lots of different colours and can also be made from maps, music manuscripts etc so this type of art is also a form of recycling.

                 

 I like that the stems can be manipulated so I can adjust them to take photos of jewellery, for example, laid out in the  rose itself. I really like my flowers, each one comes in gift paper and a tag, so would make a lovely gift.  I think I will purchase a button hole rose next to use with smaller, more delicate pieces of jewellery. 

5 comments:

  1. How beautiful they really are quite unique

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look really beautiful and I love how no two are alike just like real flowers. Lovelty choice of colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would make a different gift and last forever

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea that you can have the roses made of different paper designs

    ReplyDelete