About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Saturday 4 December 2021

Accessorize Vermeil Constellation Capricorn Necklace

The Z Gold Vermeil is a relatively new range to be stocked/ sold at Accessorize. It is an off shoot of their Z for Accessorize range, which created gold plated/ semi precious stone jewellery at reasonable prices. This new range has taken the jewellery game one step further and uses vermeil as its base metal. Sterling silver coated with 14k gold. Prices range from £25-£50ish. The items are packaged in embossed drawer gift boxes with matching cleaning clothes. 

 I chose the Capricorn Constellation pendant (£50 reduced to £15). The stones marking out the constellation pattern are tiny topaz chips. The clasp is a lobster fastening and their is a extender on the chain. It is a nice pendant, one that could be worn all the time. As someone who wears fentanyl patches I found I couldn’t wear gold plated jewellery as the fentanyl comes back through my skin and kept discolouring my jewellery very quickly. This doesn’t happen as quickly with vermeil jewellery. I do, however, feel their vermeil jewellery is overpriced for what it is. Looking at comparable prices/ pieces at Monica Vinader etc their pieces are more unusual, use larger semi precious stones and don’t seem as generic in design. The Accessorize pieces don’t stand out, constellation pieces have Glenn done over and over. I already have the Capricorn vermeil design in the gold plate Z for Accessorize version from several years ago. 

 To conclude: I love the packaging but the jewellery design needs to be more innovative and different as the vermeil jewellery market is saturated with similar designs. 

I purchased the item myself and the views expressed in my blog are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment