About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Saturday 18 December 2021

Vurchoo Studs of Hope Mandala Earrings



 Alex Angel-Benscher, the founder and designer for Vurchoo, an ethical jewellery company, started his artistic journey as a graffiti artist. He travelled the world for just over a year in 2009 volunteering and working in various countries. During this time he realised he could help people through his artistry and creativity. Whilst in Cambodia he saw the street children having to use their ingenuity and determination to survive and so he was inspired to create Vurchoo. He decided to work with children and schools across the world asking them to draw pictures of what meant the most to them. He used theses drawings as inspiration for his jewellery designs.  He launched Vurchoo in 2015 with funds received from the Prince’s Trust.  

Vurchoo donates between 10-25% of profits from each sale to charities both in the U.K. and overseas via their charity partnership with the charity Teach a man to Fish. The initiative not only helps and empowers students but also their communities, helping to improve and change all their lives. 

 I chose to purchase and review two sets of earrings from the Studs of Hope range. Each pair of earrings sold supporting schools around the world to help children get off the streets and into education and hopefully build a better life for themselves. The earrings are reasonably priced (around £36) and made from silver and gold plate. 

 The mixed metal (sterling silver and 18k gold plated) Floral Mandala studs  are £36 and support Children in India. They measure 7x7mm. The mandala earrings represent meditation, guidance and focus. They an elegant and minimalistic pair of stud earrings which look comfortable to wear. I bought these as a gift so don’t want to put them in my own ears. They came packaged in a Studs of Hope branded white cardboard box accompanied with a Vurchoo card. 

 These earrings make a lovely ethical gift for yourself or someone else. The earrings are beautifully designed and made but they also have a purpose - to help children back into education, something that most of us in the Western world take for granted. I will continue to purchase these earrings both for me and as gifts as I appreciate and admire both the design of the earrings and the purpose behind them. 



I purchased the earrings myself and the views expressed in my blog are my own. 

 

10 comments:

  1. These are very nice! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those earrings are gorgeous! I love it's a product from a ethical jewelry designer. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful rings and an important purpose behind them. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is something I'd wear myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely story! I really admire their work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is something that my partner would love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely thing that profits go to a good cause

    ReplyDelete