About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Wednesday 1 December 2021

Review: Little Silver Hedgehog, Sterling Silver Hedgehog Necklace



Continuing my charity giveaways, this month’s prize can be found on my Twitter account @susan1375. This month I chose a sterling silver hedgehog necklace (£42) from Little Silver Hedgehog an Etsy seller. She designs and makes all her jewellery in her tiny design studio in York. All her jewellery is inspired by nature and wildlife but most importantly of all at least 10% of all profits is donated to helping preserve and save hedgehogs. She also runs a hedgehog rescue. 

The hedgehog population is in decline thanks to humans encroaching on their turf and it is estimated there will be none left in the U.K. within 20 years! It is important to support rescues as a lot of them are self financing and ill hedgehogs or rescued baby hedgehogs are expensive in terms of medication, food and accommodation! 

 

So on to the necklace. Beautifully packaged (and the outer packaging is designed to fit through letterboxes) the pendant measures 1.3 cm in with and the chain is a 16” snake chain. The pendant is very discreet and elegant, perfect to wear all the time.  I’m sure any nature lover or hoggie supporter would love it or any other of her hand made beautiful items. 

She also runs online wildlife/ hedgehog care courses and COVID permitting jewellery courses at her York studio. I’m planning to go and do a 1 day course hopefully next year. If you want to find out more the Twitter, which is the easiest way to access her blog, Etsy, Facebook is Littlesilverhedgehog

I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in my blog are my own. 

3 comments:

  1. This is cute! Perfect for hedgehog lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This necklace is so adorable! I love hedgehogs and always make sure I have an untouched pile of leaves in my garden for them to burrow in and rest. I also never knew you could take hedgehog courses but now I really want to try one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cute. My daughter would love it.

    ReplyDelete