About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Monday 6 December 2021

Stand4Socks Blue Optical Office Socks

I always purchase some charity gifts as Christmas presents for close friends. As I am still shielding I needed gifts which could easily fit through letter boxes. These socks come in a flat envelope so they certainly will. I first saw the Stand4Socks charity advertised on my Instagram feed. The brightly coloured Manchester skyline option caught my attention and I was intrigued by the concept so clicked on the link.

The charity’s idea is simple yet effective. For each pair of socks they sell, they will donate a pair to a homeless person. The donated socks aren’t just any old socks. These socks have been designed by the charity. Socks are the most requested item by homeless shelters. Socks wear out quickly, especially if the wearer is on their feet a lot. They are very rarely donated as they wear out or become smelly/ holey. Who wants to wear or donate a second hand pair of socks that could infect feet with verrucas or athletes foot etc. The socks designed by S4S are thick and durable, so will keep feet toasty warm in cold Winter months and antibacterial so less chance of foot infections or potential  foot issues.  They have a seamless toe closure so the sock won’t rub the toes creating blisters, infections which could lead to bigger health problems. 

The socks I purchased are the suitable for the office blue optical office sock (£11.99). There are lots of fun vibrant designs but I know the recipient will get the most use out of these. They are pricey compared to some chain store brands, but these use ethically sourced materials, have unusual designs, are a one for one charity and although I haven’t tried the socks on they do feel warm and as though they will hug your feet!

I will buy some more pairs of these socks to use as presents throughout the year. There are bundles of socks available to purchase and it does look as though new designs are regularly added to their website.  I have already mentioned this charity on a mumsnet charity gift discussion thread and it would be great even if you don’t purchase a pair yourself if you would mention this charity to friends or leave a link on discussion forums. 


I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in my blog are my own 


5 comments:

  1. Aw this is a great gift idea, and a good way to make sure you get all the gifts you want while you're staying safe. Thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea! Although I love second hand shops, I never buy second hand socks, so it's great to know about some truly ethical socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These socks also caught my eye. I love the ethics of this company and, increasingly, many other small businesses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the concept behind this, I am a rregular volunteer for a homeless charity and we raise money throughout the year for the charity

    ReplyDelete