About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Thursday 15 June 2023

Review: Honu Under The Sea Ring

I have been following Honu on Instagram for sometime and I finally decided to make a purchase as if you spent a certain amount you got a free pair of earrings. Honu jewellery is very detailed and intricate, the designs are inspired by the ocean and marine life but still affordable and different. 

The Under The Sea Ring(£22 now £13.20) is made from recycled sterling silver.  The ring is inspired by nature under the sea and hatching turtles first steps towards the ocean.  The ring features barnacles, starfish and of course a tiny Honu hatchling turtle which sits in the middle of the ring with a tiny shell on one side and a starfish on the other. Barnacles are scattered around them. I love that although the ring is minimalistic, elegant and tiny there is so much detail. The engraving on the turtle’s back, the detail that has gone into the barnacles so that they are realistic not just blobs, for example, is just amazing. Everytime I look at it I see something new. I find the ring light and comfortable to wear. I haven’t taken it off since I got it! The packaging is plastic free and the ring came in a little drawstring bag.

I like Honu as a concept as they are an environmentally conscious brand that supports marine wildlife and they use recycled sterling silver. They partner with a charity to help marine life. I also like their designs. There aren’t pages and pages to scroll through just several well thought out designs that are affordable but don’t seem like fast fashion jewellery to be worn a few times then discarded. I love my Under The Sea ring (and the other items I purchased) and will continue to wear them for years not just this Summer. I have made a conscious design to only support philanthropic brands that support charities that I am interested in and Honu certainly fits the bill with their minimalistic, affordable affordable jewellery. 

I purchased the item myself and the views expressed on this blog are my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment