About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Tuesday 24 October 2023

Review: Victoria x Edge of Ember Victoria Orion Ear Cuff - Gold

I purchased this Orion constellation ear cuff (£75) way back in 2020 but due to a family death then subsequent health problems I just left it in a drawer. The Cosmos constellation collection was a collaboration between Victoria Magrath (In The Frow) x Edge of Ember. My eye was originally drawn to the collection not because I wanted to support an influencer but because I enjoy star gazing and find the constellations both beautiful and fascinating. 

I especially liked the ear cuff as it is a way of looking like you have several piercings without the pain of having them! I have neuropathic pain so wouldn’t want to risk having pain in my ears for life just for vanity. 

The ear cuff is a gem encrusted spiral ear cuff measuring about 11mm. It is 18k gold plated with recycled silver. The gold has been texturised so it looks crushed. The gemstones are white topaz, freshwater pearl and rainbow moonstone. 

The ear cuff is beautifully made. The stones almost glow in the sunlight and the design is so unusual.  It isn’t, however,the easiest cuff to put on. The gold cuff is quite thick and substantial and it is difficult to manipulate on to the ear. It feels comfortable once on, it can just involve a bit of pain to get it in place! 



I recently purchased the Orion rings in an Edge of Ember sample sale and they really do complement each other. They are all well made pieces that are just that little bit different yet timeline design. 

I will continue to purchase from Edge of Ember in the future. They have some interesting designs but just as importantly they have a clear set of ethical goals relating to a plethora of issues such as reducing carbon emissions, reusing paper, increase recycling of metals, improve the transparency of sourcing gem stones and much more. I have made a conscious decision to only shop where companies have philanthropic, ethical aims/ goals and this one certainly does! 

I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own.





No comments:

Post a Comment