About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Saturday 22 September 2018

Book Review: Cinderella's New York Christmas (M&B) by Scarlet Wilson



Cinderella's New York Christmas is written by Scarlet Wilson and published by Mills & Boon (True Love). Released just in time for the Holiday/ Christmas season, the book due to its title (obviously) and front cover screams sparkly Christmas so as soon I saw it I knew I wanted to read it as soon as it had finished downloading!

Anissa Lang had been an up and coming Australian skiing sensation and possible contender for Olympic gold before a terrible accident put a massive dent into those dreams and aspirations. Now she is working as a chalet maid and a ski teacher in Mount Couer, Switzerland so she can finance her ski training as she is determined to continue skiing competitively and force her body back to peak condition no matter how painful the process is.  Leo Baxter, a multi millionaire, is also in Switzerland for the reading of his parent's will. He has never met them, or his brother and sister, as he was put up for adoption (something his parents always regretted) as soon he was born. They never stopped searching for him and were so determined that he should be part of the family if he was found, that the will stipulated that he must be head of their Jewellery store empire for 2 years or the shares must be sold off. Their first meeting takes place when Anissa skis into a car and Keo comes to her rescue. Their is an instant attraction and he takes her with him to New York. Both characters are struggling with issues that could derail a possible long term relationship. Can they overcome them to have their happily ever after?

The novel reads like a modern 21 Century Cinderella: she is a chalet maid, the princess who runs away from the ball, Leo is the tall, handsome prince.  I enjoyed the New York descriptive scenes. It made the whole story more realistic and the reader can imagine being there in person.   It is well written and I couldn't put it down till I finished it!

I received this book via Netgalley and Mills and Boon in exchange for a honest review. I am a #MillsAndBoonInsider #netgalley

Available from:
Amazon UK

Mills & Boon


2 comments: