About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Tuesday 25 September 2018

Review: Bourjois 24 Hour Satin Eyeshadow & Rouge Velvet Lipstick



Bourjois are currently on 3 for 2 at Superdrug so I thought I would splurge and buy some Autumnal colours to cheer myself up. Two of the items I really like and one (the one I really wanted) was a disappointment.

The 24 Hour Satin Eyeshadows, according to their website, are a liquid to powder formulation, have 24 hour staying power, are infused with iridescent pigments, are lightweight and comfortable to wear, glide on and blend easily. I purchased 02 Oh de Roses! which is is a light delicate pink and 05 LaLa'Vande which is greyish blue with a lavender undertone. The eyeshadows cost £6.99. I really like Oh de Roses! It looks pretty and gives a subtly healthy iridescent glow to my eyelid (often my glasses ruin this effect). It glides on and more importantly stayed put even when I itched my eyes. The eyeshadow felt comfortable to wear and didn't really feel as though I was wearing anything on my lids. 05, however. was, for me very disappointing. I really wanted to love this eyeshadow as it looks so pretty in the container. When I put it on my lids it felt greasy and looked patchy and muddy. It lost the lavender undertone and just looked like an oily grey wash of colour.  It did look slightly better when I wasn't wearing my glasses. I did find with both shadows that I found the product easier to apply with either my fingers or an eyeshadow brush rather than the doe foot applicator that they came with. 

The lipstick is Bourjois Rouge Velvet Lipstick in Hip Hop Pink (04). The lipstick costs £8.99. Again, according to the website the lipsticks have a matte finish, are lightweight and moisturising and are supposed to last up to 24 hours. I really enjoy using Bourjois lip products and this was no exception.  The lipstick glided on easily, giving an opaque finish with just one swipe of the bullet. The teardrop shape of the lipstick made it very easy to outline the lips and make a crisp Cupid's bow. It felt lightweight and my lips did not feel dry, as they sometimes do when I have been wearing a matte lipstick, when I removed it. It was longwearing and survived 2 meals and a hot drink with only a slight fading of colour. 

I purchased these items myself and the views expressed in this blog post are my own. 

Available from all Bourjois stockists.




2 comments:

  1. Shadows look good especially the blue one .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shades - teardrop is a nice touch

    ReplyDelete