About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Tuesday 15 January 2019

Review: Westlab Cleansing Himalayan Salt & Relaxing Dead Sea Salt Bath Fizzers

Late last year Westlab launched a range of Dead Sea Salt Bath Fizzers. It is one fizzer per bath. The fizzers contain the same ingredients as their fabulous Dead Sea Salts but are compacted down into hand size balls which are great for travel. Each bath fizzer contains Dead Sea Salt which has been regarded as a luxury and skin saviour since the Middle Ages.  Cleopatra is thought to have bathed in the mineral rich waters which softens and smooths the skin, calming skin complaints. Dead Sea Salt is extremely high in potassium and magnesium which are both great for the skin, so to combine this with  essential oils creates a sensual and sensory yet healthy bathing experience. As I have mentioned in previous blog posts I do enjoy using Dead Sea salts as I have skin and scalp psoriasis, acne and stressed skin as a consequence of long term medication and long term health problems and I find that I do see a vast improvement in both my scalp and skin problems when I use them.

The Fizzers normally retail for £2.99 at Boots.com which may seem a little expensive per bath in comparison to the bags of bath salts,  but they are often on offer - at the moment they are £1.99 each and if you have a Boots card there are points to collect!  

The Relaxing Dead Sea Salt Bath Fizzer contains Dead Sea Salt and is also packed with essential oils designed to help you unwind and relax at the end of the day. This fizzer contains soothing white tea, lavender fragrance to aid relaxation and almond, chamomile and lavender oils to soften and smooth the skin, leaving it looking radiant and feeling smooth and healthy. I enjoyed using this Fizzer the most out of the two I bought. It fizzed very dramatically when I dropped it in the bath and smelled fantastic. I could smell the lavender before I got helped into the bath. The lavender did not smell artificial at all. The scent smelled just the same as the two large lavender bushes I have in my garden.  I have an aversion to overpowering smells due to my medication, but the smell was subtle and relaxing and not at all overpowering or obnoxious.  The bath water itself looked very relaxing as it turned a lavendery/purplish colour (it didn’t stain the bath).  Overall my bath was a sensorial experience for all my senses. I felt relaxed, my skin felt and looked healthy and smooth and there was a lingering lavender scent on my body and in my  hair.  I would definitely use this fizzer again. 

The Himalayan Cleansing Bath Fizzer  just like the rest of the range is packed with minerals and essential oils. The cleansing fizzer contains Himalayan salts which were formed 250 million years ago and are a pink, cleansing crystal Salt. The Salt has the 84 trace minerals and salts which are essential to the human body.  Rose and pomegranate oils uplift and invigorate the senses whilst also harmonising and balancing the mind.  May Chang, ylang ylang and almond oils all balance the skin, leaving it feeling silky, nourished, radiant and glowing. I didn’t enjoy using this Fizzer as much as the Relaxing one. It didn’t seem to fizz and the change to the colour of the water was only minimal so I didn’t get the same sensory experience as when I used the Relaxing Fizzer. I couldn’t really smell much rose scent which was disappointing. My skin did feel silky, soft and nourished and looked healthy after my bath but I still preferred the overall experience of the Relaxing Fizzer.

I enjoyed using Relaxing Fizzer and will repurchase. The Cleansing Fizzer in comparison was rather disappointing but if I had used it first I probably would have enjoyed using it more as my expectations wouldn’t have been so high! There would be great for travel as once they are taken out of the box they are still wrapped in a protective film so if they get squashed or chipped in transit they can still be used and won’t scatter in luggage.  They can often be found on offer which helps as they are expensive in comparison to the bags of Relaxing/ Cleansing Sea Salts.  I didn’t review the Reviving Epsom Salt Bath Fizzer as it contains spearmint, which I hate the smell of, so I would not be able to give it a fair review!

I purchased these items myself and the views expressed in my blog are my own.

4 comments:

  1. Utter bliss - will enjoy using these too

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound really nice, especially for anyone who needs/prefers a subtler scent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't come across these before. Next time I'm in boots I'll treat myself to the Dead Sea Salt fizzer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have tried these - really are so special

    ReplyDelete