About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Wednesday 2 January 2019

Charles Buyers: Woodland Animals Walking Stick


Last year I purchased and reviewed the Charles Buyers Deluxe British Birds Walking Cane. There are more walking sticks in this collection - woodland animals and wildflower.  Both have hand drawn patterns on them. 






I purchased the newly released Woodland Animal Derby Walking Stick. The stick has hand drawn pictures of stag, red squirrels, hares and pheasants on the shaft of the stick.  The stick shaft is made from aluminium and so it is very light weight and easy to use.  The handle is a wooden derby style and it is comfortable to hold - I have child size hands and find it easy to grip.  The stick is height adjustable (from 82.5cm-93cm). The stick is collapsible. It folds into four sections, so would be great for someone who doesn’t want to use a stick all the time as it can easily be folded up and packed into the plastic carry case it comes with. I always have to have a section taken out so I purchase mine from the Stick and Cane Shop as their customer service is excellent. 

The ferrule and wrist strap are both a dark brown colour and they fit perfectly with the white background of the stick and the colours used to paint the animals. The animals themselves, just like the British bird pictures, are beautifully done with lots of detail. They don’t just look like generic cut and paste pictures but each one looks like a mini work of art. My only complaint is where are the hedgehogs???

Maybe Charles Buyers could do another woodland animal walking cane which features hedgehogs, badgers, otters and field mice as they are also instantly recognisable British wildlife? 

I really like my new walking stick. I love wearing animal themed clothing or jewellery so this stick will be well used. 

 
I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own.






7 comments:

  1. This is a lovely looking walking stick. My mum has recently had a full knee replacement and this would come in handy. It's a lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are lots of stylish walking sticks available now, no need for a flowery one! Charles Buyers and classic canes are the main two makers. Any reputable site also explains how to get measure yourself to ensure your stick is suitable for your height/ weight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, I have a friend that needs a walking stick and she would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fab - MY dad would adore one

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ordering - dad will be SUPER impressed -

    ReplyDelete